Land Design, Inc. is a landscape consulting and design company based in Rensselaer county serving all of Albany’s Capital District. Let us collaborate with you to create a garden to look at, a sanctuary to be in, a yard to enjoy with your family. From simple plantings to multi-year master plans, we’re here to help.
2023 marks my 36th Spring as a landscape designer here in Albany’s Capital District. I have field experience with almost every conceivable residential landscape situation and have learned what works and what doesn’t. Let Laura and I bring our 50 years of combined experience to your next project.
John Kelly, APLD.org certified Landscape Designer
What kind of Design Help Do You Need ?
What we do is more similar to a landscape architect’s role rather than a contractor’s or builder’s. Clients pay us for our time and expertise in helping them create their outdoor spaces, whether it is a simple perennial border 2 hour consultation or a multi-year hardscape master plan installation.
In turn we are your advocates and provide objective, realistic advice fine tuned for your budget and goals. Since you are paying us for our time we can take that time and create something special and unique to your home or business.
- Planting the project yourself? We’ll provide you with all of the information you’ll need to purchase and install your project.
- Do you need a detailed landscape master plan that lays out your entire property in realistic phases, step by step? You’ll be able to obtain multiple quotes with our scaled plans and plant lists.
We are members of the Association of Professional Landscape Designers , Ecological Landscape Alliance , and WildOnes.org. We help our clients create more sustainable landscapes by:
- Reducing emissions and costs of pruning and watering by using the right plant in the right place.
- Using native or plants where possible; they consume fewer resources and provide more consistent food and shelter for pollinators and other beneficial insects.
- Partnering with several native plant nurseries to provide native perennials that typically can’t be found for landscape use.
- Planning our outdoor spaces in advance to save time and money that can be used for the greater good of the community. Building higher quality hardscape outdoor elements that will last and won’t clog our landfills prematurely.
Please use our contact form to ask a quick question or, if you are ready to schedule an appointment, please go directly to the Questionnaire tab at the top right of this page to get in touch. We‘ll discuss if our services are a fit for your project and, if we have a client slot available, away we go!
Please contact us by email using the quick contact form. If you ready to schedule an appointment please use the longer design questionnaire form which gives us much more information.
We do not have office staff and we cannot return phone calls for new inquiries due to our work load.
Thank you for understanding!
"*" indicates required fields